Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Miracles do happen...

Hey blog,

so I had class this morning at 8 oclock and it was Rondel's Foundations of Youth Ministry class
It was an exciting class and it had me Jazzed and pumped for the rest of the day.
When I left the class I got a call from my mom saying that my Brother-in-Law, Russel Wells, had been shot while over in Iraq.
It hit me....it hit me hard...
I immediately turned around outside in the cold and I yelled to everyone who was around to come and pray with me.
"Korey, Charity, Danielle, John! Can you all come over here?"
I proceed to tell them what has happened and with tears pouring down my face I just pray.
Then the others in the circle pray.
I continue to cry as I walk all the way to chapel.
I see Ethan, and I tell him that i need to talk to who's in charge of speaking at chapel.
He takes me behind stage and we ask Issac to pray during the service.
Then we pray there behind stage, and i continue to cry.
I then walked to find seats with Ethan.
When we sit down, Sarah comes by and just gives me a hug because she saw me crying.
Then Josiah came over and gave me a hug and i told him what had happened. He then prayed for me and the family right there.
The service started and all I could do was cry and pray.
Blake did speak well. Psalms.
Psalms? What a perfect explanation to what I'm needing right now!
i cry throughout the service, and through the music i cry and sing to MY God.
As the service ends, Issac stands and prays for Russ, Deanna, my parents, my family, me, and the war.
People came around and placed their hands, their heads, their fingers on me.
I could barely hear the prayer because I was crying so much...
When the prayer ends, people lined up to show their love, and give me hugs.
After most people had left, and i was left with Phil, Zach, Gary, and Nate; I decided to call my Father.
When I called him I asked him what he needed me to do.
My Father asked if I had heard the good news yet.
I was lost.
He continues to say that None of the bullets went into his head, instead 1 or 2 went into his shoulder, and a bunch grazed his face.
He then continues to say that Russ was up and walking again.

Praise God.
Miracles do happen.
Don't ever doubt the power of prayer.
Miracles do happen.

No comments: