Thursday, February 14, 2008

I hate not being right....

Hey blog,

Today has been an interesting day
as always...
I woke up after pressing the sleep button on my phone 10 times...
showered up and walked to my 8 oclock foundations class
I love Rondel.
Talked about strategy today, along with the vision and mission.
then onward to my Sex.Friends. and God. aka SFG(Spiritual Formation Group)
we call it sex friends and God because A. Sexual things are prevalant in everyone's life, even if you aren't having it
B. Friends are in the group
and C. because God is our focus
anyways
I got to see Dave's video of him and Erica getting engaged!
it was beautiful.
i love them
they are amazing people
then I went to lunch
by the way...I wish i were always thinking about Jesus.
I had a wake up call at lunch
Chris sat next to me today
and half way through he just asked
"if jesus were here right now, what about yourself would you have him pray for?"
and I was like "well, I'd be in awe and not able to speak"
"well he came as a normal man. The bible says that there would have been nothing special in his appearance to draw to the conclusion that he was the son of God"
"well i don't really know, it's a hard question to ask me..."
"...."
"I'd ask to be content"
end of conversation...
why why why?
I don't get it
then when I was about to leave
"Can I pray for you before you leave brother?"
"yes of course"
everyone at the table follows our prayer
"Lord bless my brother bobby here, He is a sinner. Lord he asks to be content, but I think that's the exact opposite of what he needs. God I pray that you break him. that you give him a holy discontent. I pray that you make him miserable for you God. That there isn't a second that he can rely on anyone or anything but you Lord. That he has to rely on Joy that comes just from you God. Lord I love you, Amen"
man, was I shook up...
I said thanks...got up and took my plates away.
you know what I hate?
I hate not being right...
I know well enough that I shouldn't ever be content, but dang it how many times does it have to bite me?
It was right in my face today...
I've been miserable lately because of the circumstances around me, but thats what I need.
Why should i ever be content with life on this earth?
I SHOULDN'T
This isn't my home
haha hahaha
this is not my home
I hope God makes me miserable just so I can better glorify him.
I don't deserve to be content
haha
The only one that deserved that was Jesus himself.

"I'm burning the thoughts of the things that I once said
Because you tore down the walls that the world has put inside my head
And I just get sick of things that we think, we think we know
And no, none of it's true cuz I never knew you
And now the truth of it is, is I wanna be like you
So hello, good friend, I wanna be next to you
For my head, for my heart, for whats true"

I'm sick of the things that I think I know.
I hate not being right
I shouldn't
but I do
but nothing I say is right
see the truth in what Chris told me today?
Christ is in all people who have personally accepted and started to follow him
I've known this to be true.
I've never lived that way.
Jesus was there.
asking me what i needed to have prayer for.
and sometimes
sometimes
the people that Jesus resides in, know better about what we need than we do

So after that I went back to my room...and studied my greek for the next 3 and a half hours
and I still didn't do as well on the test as I'd hoped.
oh well
we'll see on monday wont we? =P
After the greek test I went back to my room and such...which is now where I am residing

Happy Single's Awareness Day....er....Valentine's Day!
haha

well I'm out

- robert wolfgang

No comments: