Thursday, February 28, 2008

Chronicles of my life Part I - Praying for the Best/Expecting the worst/Accepting God's will



Hey blog,
Yep I changed my hair color again.
I really couldn't tell you why.
I'm a very inconsistent person aren't I?
eh...I think that hair is should a small issue of consistency
anyways back to important things

I went and met with Doug Rumbold today and it was really nice.
I always find that God puts people into my life when I need them.
We met at Northfield and went to CiCi's to eat and such.
He asked me about home life, school, and plans.
I think it was nice being able to talk about my life to someone who isn't always constantly around my life.
He asked about the different majors and how they are preparing me at LCC.
He was most skeptic about the way they are providing personal growth.
It was hard to answer Doug.
I mean yes the school has SFG and other things like that, but I don't have an accountability partner or anything of that sort.
I guess it opened my eyes a bit.
Either way it was productive talking about how he views ministry and how I shouldn't allow my critical eye get in the way of allowing ministry to work.


So lately as I've endeaveroud in this task of finding what God wants for me I've realized this.
Pray for the best. Expect the absolute worst. Be ready to Accept whatever God wills for your life.

Pray for the best because God calls us to ask, seek, and knock.
Expect the worst because it's not always rainbows and butterflies.
Accept God's will because it is He who made this earth into being and it is He who controls everything in this world.

Pray for the best/Expect the worst/Accept God's will

I'm praying right now that I don't clutch to my pillow every night in vain.
That eventually I'll have the perfect person to go on this journey with me.


- robert

No comments: